Honey and Goat Cheese Bruschetta
Delight guests at your next fall or Halloween party with this sweet-and-savory, elegant appetizer.
Savor the flavors of apple-picking season and the fall-redolent punch of cranberries and pecans with this exquisitely easy-to-prepare bruschetta recipe that blends sweet and savory on the plate.
Bruschetta Topped With Goat Cheese, Pear and Honey
- 24 ½-inch thick slices of good-quality baguette
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cloves peeled garlic
- 2 apples, sliced
- 6 ounces herbed goat cheese
- Dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pecan pieces
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. Brush both sides of the bread slices with olive oil, and arrange them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake the bread in the oven, turning once, until both sides are toasted, 3 minutes per side.
3. Remove the bread slices from the oven and, once cool enough to handle, rub with garlic.
4. Spread goat cheese on each piece of bread. Top with apple slices, dried cranberries and pecans. Drizzle with honey.