Pecan Pralines Recipe
Send party guests home on a sweet note by preparing homemade pecan pralines.
Yield: 60-70 small pralines
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups sugar
3 1/2 cups pecans
4 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine buttermilk, baking soda, sugar and salt in heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture begins to form a soft ball.
- Add pecans and continue to cook and stir until mixture becomes a firm ball.
- Remove from heat, and add butter and vanilla. At this point, the candy should look shiny and will not be thick.
- Beat by hand until candy begins to dull and thicken.
- Working quickly, drop by small spoonfuls onto parchment paper and let harden.
Tip: Seal pralines in decorative bags to give guests a sweet take-away.