Wrapping Gifts in Style
Make the wrapping and packaging as special as the present itself.
- Gathering handmade papers and natural things from outside to pull together a present says you gave the gift a lot of thought. One trick is to combine different papers on one package.
- Textured papers add even more interest to a package. Although they are more expensive, they can be reused each year on smaller gifts or to make accent bands around parcels.
- Use paint and découpage pretty paper to cover a flowerpot or put the gift in a galvanized bucket for functional gift wrap - the container can actually be used once the item is removed.
- Slip odd-shaped children's gifts into a pillowcase stamped with fabric paint to make wrapping them easy.
- As a clever alternative to the standard paper gift bag, cut a slit in the fold of a greeting card and slip it over the bag handles for a topper.
- For Kwanzaa, wrap a gift for each of the seven days in the traditional colors of black, green and red. Also, since Kwanzaa symbolizes the African harvest, anything that symbolizes harvest will work such as wheat shafts and dried fruit slices.
Two fresh ideas for wrapping pretty holiday presents that will impress everyone on your list.
Add some modern flair to your holiday packages with handmade embellishments like inexpensive jewelry findings and (free!) printable ornaments.
Return the favor of hospitality with these gift ideas.
HGTV Magazine asked some of your favorite HGTV stars to design holiday gift tags. Print them out for your presents!
Give new life to last year's Christmas cards by turning them into beautiful gift bags.
Part of the fun of receiving an imaginatively wrapped gift is guessing what might be underneath the wrapping. Follow our steps to create a wrapped gift using repurposed materials for a look that is beautiful but easier on the environment.
Designer Erinn Valencich helps singer Jewel incorporate natural elements into her family's country Christmas celebration.
HGTV Magazine shares two projects that will instantly amplify any present.
Create a personalized holiday name tag with the simplest of materials.
We've got tips for giving your wrapped holiday gifts a coordinated professional look.