Traditional Magnolia Wreath
Add a happy pop of color to your front door with this charming and easy-to-create floral wreath.
Materials and Tools:
18" grapevine wreath
3 large magnolia stems
3 small bird nests
hop vines or similar small coordinating flower
3 or more hydrangea bunches
assorted greenery sprigs
hot glue gun and glue sticks
1. Trim magnolia and hydrangea stems to 3-4 inches. Tip: This length is just right for anchoring flowers in wreath while still allowing for some movement while you decide on their final placement.
2. Insert magnolia and hydrangea stems in wreath, securing them with hot glue and/or floral wire if needed. Vary the angle and depth of stems to give the wreath a natural and dimensional look.
3. Next, weave floral wire through nests and attach to wreath.
4. Add hop vines to wreath, attaching them at varying lengths for dimension.
5. Add texture and visual interest by filling in gaps with greenery. Cut sprigs to assorted lengths and attach them to wreath at varying angles. Tip: Don't forget to cover the sides of the wreath as well. Finally, cover any visible stems or bare spaces with moss for an additional splash of color and texture.