Square Feathered Holiday Wreath
Add a non-traditional touch to your holiday decorations by creating your own square wreath covered in pheasant and brightly colored feathers.
Materials and Tools:
12"-14" diameter square plastic foam square
100 10" long pheasant feathers
150 3" long teal feathers
2" wide brown satin ribbon
small teal Christmas balls
thin teal ribbon
hot glue gun and glue sticks
thin gauge wire
1. Insert the pheasant feathers into the sides of the plastic foam square. When inserting the feathers, stagger their positions so each feather slightly overlaps the one next to it. Insert feathers in four to five layers, working from the back of the wreath to the front, until wreath looks full and there are no visible holes.
2. Next, add the smaller teal feathers. Create as many layers as needed to completely cover the front of the plastic foam wreath. When finished, the sides and front of the plastic foam square should be entirely covered in pheasant and teal feathers, only the bare center of the square should still be visible.
3. Using hot glue, cover the plastic foam center of the square with brown satin ribbon. If necessary, better secure the ribbon with straight pins stuck into each of the corners.
4. Tie a thin piece of teal ribbon to 3 small teal Christmas balls, varying the ribbon lengths so the ornaments will hang at different levels.
Hot glue and straight pin each piece of ribbon to the center of the wreath, grouping them tightly together for an added decorative touch.
5. Hang completed wreath on wall to add a funky and festive touch to your holiday celebrations.