Spice Up Your Easter Eggs
Decorating Easter eggs is something that I look forward to every year. This year, I headed to the spice cabinet for some inspiration and created these lovely eggs that showcase herbs from the garden. Fresh herbs are transformed into silhouettes that dance upon the lovely warm golden undertones in the background. Plus my kitchen smelled fabulous as these eggs simmered on the stove top.
- 1/2 dozen white eggs
- Fresh herbs: I used cilantro, thyme and rosemary.
- 4 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of dried turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of dried curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- Kitchen whisk
- 3 quart sauce pot
For all the how to directions please see the photo gallery below.
Tips to make the process easier:
- Do not overcrowd your pot with eggs, as this will increase the likelihood of cracking the shells.
- Double up the recipe and pot size to make more eggs at one time.
- These spices may dye your wooden utensils, fingers and clothing.