Snow Globe Christmas Ornament
Create playful ornaments to add a frosty touch to your Christmas tree.
Materials and Tools:
clear glass ornament
hot-glue gun and glue sticks
red velvet ribbon
white scrapbook paper
snowflake die cutter
1. Remove the metal top of the ornament. Using decorative-edged scissors, trim sides of velvet ribbon to create a decorative edge. Attach two strips of velvet ribbon to ornament with hot glue, creating a cross design.
2. Tie two small bows with uncut red velvet ribbon. Attach one bow to the bottom of the ornament with hot glue, covering where the two pieces of decorative-edge ribbon meet.
3. Punch out lots of snowflake shapes with die cutter. Using craft glue, sandwich a piece of gold string between two snowflakes, these will be suspended within the snow globe. Create three of these for each ornament.
4. Create a funnel by rolling a piece of scrap paper, and fill bottom of snow globe with gold glitter. Top the glitter with paper snowflake cutouts.
5. Suspend three snowflakes within ornament, attaching them to the inside top rim with a bit of hot glue. Add a bow to the metal ornament top and reattach. Tip: Create a stronger bond for the top by adding a drop of hot glue when reattaching it. Finally, add a ribbon for hanging the completed ornament.
Follow these steps to decorate your yard for Halloween.
How to Make a Holiday Star Sun Catcher
Jennifer Ormiston shares her glass-etching process for her star sun catcher.
Create a Cone-Shaped Stocking
Follow these steps to make your own no-sew Victorian-inspired cone-shaped stocking to hold Christmas goodies.
Masking Tape Eggs
These Easter eggs are a great project to attempt with your children.
How to Make Exotic Holiday Stockings
Create playful Christmas stockings out of faux fur.
Button Gift Tag
Create a personalized holiday name tag with the simplest of materials.
Pine Cone Ornament for Your Christmas Tree
Easily create iridescent pine cone ornaments to decorate a Christmas tree or to add a festive touch to wrapped gifts.
Christmas Rose Pomander
Create a Christmas Rose Pomander to add fragrance and an elegant touch to your holiday decorations.
Embellish an evergreen garland with frosty tones of silver and pink to add a whimsical touch to your Christmas decorations.
Halloween Jack-o'-Lantern Luminaries
Fill clear buckets with battery-operated tea lights to easily craft kid-safe, fireproof luminaries to light up your Halloween celebrations.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.