- canning jars with lids
- two branches cut to 12" length: one 1-1/4" and one 1/2"
- wooden tool caddy
- seed-starting mix
- various seed packets: herbs, vegetables, flowers
- small clay pot
- peat pots and pellets
- popsicle sticks
- chalk marker
- chalkboard paint
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- durable fabric, such as denim
- embellishments such as wood tags
- permanent marker or wood-burning tool
Fill jars with seed-starting mix and peat pellets. Attach durable fabric to lids with hot glue then jars. Create wood tags by slicing tree limbs, add lettering with a permanent marker or wood-burning tool.
Whittle both sticks to a tapered end and sand smooth. The larger dibble can be used to make a hole in soil, the smaller will be handy for gently pressing a seed into the soil.
Spray popsicle sticks with chalkboard paint and write names of seeds with chalk marker.
Add clay and peat pots, assorted seed packets, filled jars, dibbles, plant markers and a journal to the caddy. Embellish with a handmade wood tag.