Ring Neck Pheasant Spinner
Keep your cat occupied with this DIY spinner cat toy. Visit a fishing store to obtain feathers, spinner and tinsel.
2 pheasant tail feathers
small body feathers
fishing lure spinner
vinyl or electrical cap
felt, two colors
needle nose pliers
1. Cut a small hole in the base of the vinyl cap and two notches into opposite ends of the rim of the cap.
2. Crimp the eye hole of the fishing lure spinner and push it through the hole you cut in the cap.
3. Fit the crimped spinner through the hex nut and use the needle nose pliers to expand the eye hole to its original size.
4. Tie tinsel through the crimped eye hole of the spinner. Now pull the spinner back through the hole in the vinyl cap until the large hex nut catches.
5. Lightly glue the two pheasant feathers into base of the cap and within the two notches cut earlier. Note: The key to making a toy that will spin properly is getting these two feathers placed correctly. Place the outside face of feathers inward and angle them equally in relation to each other. Think of this like an airplane propeller.
6. Cut a half circle of felt, and glue a ring of another color felt to it. Wrap felt around cap and glue to secure. Add eyes and extra feathers to customize.
For use with the Spinner Wand for Cats.
Submitted by Nathan DiPietro
Spinner Wand for Cats
Go cat fishing with your own heavy duty wand for use with cat spinner toys.
Make a Jingle Bell Cat Collar
Know where your cat is lurking at all times with this stylish collar with jingle bell.
Use these step-by-step instructions to make a dog collar for a precious pet.
Make a Beaded Necklace for Cats
A little glue goes a long way toward making this fun-to-assemble beaded kitty necklace.
Cat Basket and Washable Pet Bed
Create a one-of-a-kind cat basket and a washable pet bed using simple sewing techniques like hemming and pillow making.
Sewn Dog Photo Collage
Meg Spielman Peldo demonstrates how to sew a dog photo on canvas to create her collage.
How to Make a Christmas Cat Spinner Wand
In all of the gifting during the holidays, don't forget about your furry friends. This holly-themed cat toy is easy to make and will encourage hours of playful interaction.
Dog Walker's Companion
This DIY walker companion is ideal for picking up after your pooch when they have to go while on-the-go.
Dog Bed With Removable Pouch
Sew this fleece dog bed to give your pooch a handmade place to rest.
Eco-Friendly Hemp Dog Collar
Sew a sturdy collar that will hold up to the elements as well as your dog's roughhousing.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.