Phantom Floating Candles
Elegantly ghoulish, these floating candles and roses would make a great Halloween centerpiece.
Candles cast a bewitching glow when paired with ghost-white roses afloat in blood-red water.
Materials and Tools:
footed glass compote
red, green and blue food coloring
white floating candles
1. Fill the bowl with water until it is about an inch from the bowl's rim.
2. Add drops of red food coloring to the water and stir until the water is deep red, count the drops of red food coloring as you add them.
3. Add one drop of green food coloring for every four drops of red food coloring used in the previous step. Green and red when mixed together make black, so adding green dye to your red water will darken the water's color. Stir the contents.
4. Add a few drops of blue coloring to add a slight tint of purple to your "blood" and stir. One drop of blue for every four drops of green should do the trick
5. Place the large floating candles into the bowl of blood and add white roses, nestling them between the floating candles.
6. Light the candles and enjoy.
How to Create a Snowy Candle Centerpiece
Create a simple, elegant and frosty candle centerpiece with champagne flutes, crystal garland and glass balls to illuminate your winter table.
Floating Cranberry Centerpiece
Create a festive Christmas centerpiece by grouping glass containers filled with cranberries and floating candles.
How to Make a Hand-Painted Glass Candle Bowl
Make a glass candle bowl into a beautiful, stylish centerpiece with these simple steps.
Enchanting Ice Vases
Create ice vases to add a glittering, frosty touch to your home's holiday decor.
How to Make Star Twig Candle Frames
Line a walkway for the holidays with this beautiful design.
Last-Minute Christmas Candle Centerpiece Ideas
Learn how to create Christmas decorations and centerpieces using candles.
Coffee Bean Candle Centerpieces
These simple fall decorations will create a warm glow and amazing aromas for your home.
3 Do-It-Yourself Candle Stacks
Craft a heart- and hamburger-shaped candle, or embellish tapers with sheets of colored wax.
How to Make a Layered Holiday Centerpiece
Putting together a beautiful holiday centerpiece doesn't have to be difficult or break the bank. This one is made up of a few easy-to-find elements and can be made in as few as 15 minutes.
How to Make a Votive Candle Runway for Santa
Light the way for Santa by lining entry steps with glowing votives.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
Photo Friday: Cooking and Dining in the Great Outdoors
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 28, 2015 by Beth Rucker
This or That: Pick Your Favorite Vintage Find From Fixer Upper
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 27, 2015 by Farima Alavi
6 Essentials for the Perfect Tailgate Party + Win the 1 Thing You Really Need
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 25, 2015 by Farima Alavi
Discover the Winning Hue in Our Color Vs. Color Competition!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Kayla Kitts
Copy This Room: Get Beach Flip Style in Your Living Room
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Shannon Petrie
4 Ways to Personalize Your Dorm Desk + College Goodie Giveaway!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 21, 2015 by Farima Alavi
The Easiest (and Cutest!) DIY Dorm Roommate Mugs Ever
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 20, 2015 by Marianne Canada