No-Bake Paste Paper Scrapbook Page
Julia Andrus demonstrates this interesting technique to creating textured paste accents for your scrapbook pages.
Project designed by Julia Andrus.
Materials and Tools:
All Night Media scroll punch
Emagination* sun punch
Ranger Perfect Sparkles
Ranger Glossy Accents
Sizzix cactus die cut
Accucut gift tag #4
small mixing cups
comb or other tool for texturing
12" x 12" pale yellow card stock
two 2-3/4" x 3-1/4" light coral card stock
10-1/4" x 2-1/2" light coral card stock
two 2-1/4" x 3" black card stock
3-1/2" x 6-3/4" dark coral card stock
10-1/2" x 2-3/4" dark coral card stock
3" x 7" black card stock (for die-cut letters)
6" x 6" black card stock (for paste paper die cuts)
*Emagination no longer in business--use any desired punches.
1. To create paste paper: Add a small amount of Perfect Sparkles to approx.1 tablespoon of Glossy Accents in a mixing cup and stir until well mixed.
2. Apply paste to black paper with stick or palette knife in no certain order.
3. Use a comb or other tool to create texture in the paste. It can help to wipe off the tool in between swipes.
4. Allow to dry thoroughly before cutting or punching out shapes.
5. To make the scrapbook page: Use a decorative scroll punch along top and bottom of the 10-1/4" x 2-1/2" light coral card stock.
6. Attach to 10-1/2" x 2-3/4" dark coral card stock securely with glue stick.
7. Adhere to pale yellow background paper. Add "Trip To" stickers and "Phoenix" die cut lettering.
8. Create two tag-shaped die cuts with dark coral paper. Create one light coral tag also and use the scroll punch on bottom of this tag.
9. Round the edges of the 3-1/2" x 6-3/4" dark coral card stock. Place the light coral tag on the lower part of the dark coral card stock and glue. Make journaling lines above. Glue to mid section of page.
10. Secure the 2-1/4" x 3" black card stock to the 2-3/4" x 3-1/4" light coral card stock. Adhere this to dark coral tag and secure to background page. Do the same with the other tag.
11. Glue on Perfect Luster Paste paper die cuts.