Nearly No-Sew Felt Flower Pin
Make a bold statement with this colorful felt flower pin using a hot glue gun and embellishments like sequins and beads.
Materials and Tools:
stiff felt, assorted colors
embellishments: sequins, beads, pompons, rickrack, pipe cleaners, yarn, felt scraps, etc.
mini hot glue gun
mini hot glue sticks
1. This flower pin consists of two pieces: pattern A and pattern B. Both patterns are the same shape but different sizes. Pattern B will fit on the inside of pattern A. To create pattern A, use a compass to draw a circle 3-1/2 inches in diameter on a piece of card stock.
2. Using a protractor, divide the circle into six equal parts. Draw curved lines between each division of the circle to create the petals of the flower shape. Cut out the flower pattern with scissors.
3. To create pattern B, repeat the above steps using a 2-inch diameter circle.
4. With an iron, fuse the iron-on adhesive to half of the assorted felt colors.
5. Trace pattern A several times onto an assortment of the felt that does not have adhesive on it. Trace pattern B several times onto an assortment of felt that has adhesive on it. Cut out the flower shapes.
6. Mix and match patterns A and B in assorted colors to create an array of flowers in different colors. Using an iron, fuse patterns A and B together.
7. Embellish the flowers with sequins, beads, pompons, felt scraps and all kinds of notions you have hanging around. Hot glue and a needle and thread are all you need to dress these simple flowers into one-of-a-kind creations.
8. When the flowers are embellished, attach a pin back with hot glue to the back of each flower pin.
How to Create a Yarn-Loop Flower Pin
With very few tools you can make these easy flower pins perfect for dressing up hairdos or jackets.
How to Make a Beaded Handle and Flower Pin Purse
Sew a handmade purse with grommets for beaded handles and an embellished suede flower pin.
How to Make Sterling Silver and Gem Flower Jewelry
Make an elegant, daisy flower necklace pendant using sterling silver and semiprecious gems.
How to Make a Feline Felt Pin
Sew this playful kitty-cat pin using a variety of stitches and felt pieces.
How to Make a Pearl and Crystal-Bead Hair Pin
Create a delicate decoration for your hair with pearls, crystal beads and silver jewelry wire.
Colorful Flower Pendant
These funky enamel pendants are easy to make for your favorite flower child.
Keepsake Photo Pendant/Pin
How to make unique photo pendant pins.
Mizuhiki Flower Pin
Make this colorful plum flower using Mizuhiki, an ancient Japanese technique.
How to Make a Dragonfly Pin
Use polymer clay and blend six colors and incorporate assorted glass beads to create a dragonfly pin.
How to Make Black Metal Flower Jewelry
Put a modern twist on daisies with this sophisticated black metal jewelry set.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.