Mizuhiki Flower Pin
Materials and Tools:
Mizuhiki paper cords: green, lavender, orange
Leaf and stem
1. Form an abalone knot out of three strands of green 36" cord. Start by making a medium-sized loop in the middle of the strands.
2. Bring the end of the cord behind the first loop and go over the first end. You will now have three sections.
3. Bring the working end up through the first section, down through the second section and back up though the third section.
4. Shape the knot so all the loops are evenly spaced. Add more strands by following the path of the knot.
5. Pinch the edges of the knot to create the leaf shape.
6. Secure the ends with a little wire and set aside.
1. Make another abalone knot from a group of lavender cords. The knot should about 1-1/4" across.
2. Bring the long ends back down through the center of the knot to make the plum flower knot.
3. Secure the ends with a little wire.
4. Make a small plum flower knot approximately 1/2" across.
5. Pinch and roll between your fingers until rounded in shape.
6. Put the smaller plum flower knot inside the larger one and pull through the center.
7. Secure the long ends with wire.
Assemble the flower
1. Make a 2-inch finishing knot with a 36" strand of green cord and wrap up towards the base of the flower.
2. Bring the cord through the loop and pull the tail to secure the knot.
3. Trim excess cords at the bottom of the knot.
4. Glue pin back to flower.