Mirror Made from Molding
New fluted trim and rosettes are combined with salvaged molding to create a traditional-style mirror.
Materials and Tools:
16 linear feet fluted trim
decorative molding (can be salvaged)
paint and paintbrush
1. Cut plywood just larger than the mirror, leaving room around the perimeter to attach the molding.
2. Center mirror on plywood and attach using mirror mastic.
3. Measure and cut the fluted trim and molding to size. Dry fit all the pieces together to make sure they all come together. When your layout is all set, paint or stain as desired.
4. Nail trim and molding to the plywood being careful not to hit the mirror.
5. Fill in nails holes and touch up as necessary.