Metal Embossed Copper Pear Card
Embossed copper adds a nice touch to this homemade card.
Project by Jana Ewy.
black card stock
1/8" hole punch
double-sided tape sheet
ink jet printer
AMACO metal ink pad: black
Stampendous black embossing powder
Hampton Art Stamps journal rubber stamp
ArtEmboss embossing metal: aluminum light, copper light
hot glue gun and glue sticks
1. Cut card stock to 6-1/2" x 10-1/2". Score and fold in half.
2. Cut along card opening with deckle scissors.
3. Measure in 1/2 inch from fold and score along spine.
4. Punch three holes along spine and attach eyelets.
5. Cut two silver metal mats (2-1/2" x 4" and 3" x 4-1/2") and apply tape sheet to the backs.
6. Apply beads of hot glue to one end of a rubber mallet to create a texturing hammer. Hammer mats to texture.
7. Cut black card stock mat to 2-3/4" x 4-1/4" and apply tape sheet to the back.
8. Layer and adhere mats onto card.
9. Draw pear onto copper metal and cut out.
10. Stamp image onto pear and heat set ink. Continue heating to change color of copper.
11. Outline pear with permanent marker.
12. Press pear onto tape sheet and cut out. Peel off backing and adhere to card.
13. Make name tag with computer font and print onto metal.
14. Apply black embossing powder to wet ink and heat to set.
15. Trim to size and adhere to card with double-sided tape.