Making Oversized Ornaments
Design coordinator Summer Baltzer shares how to create larger-than-life holiday ornaments for display.
Materials and Tools:
- Take large foam shapes and carve into interesting shapes or glue shapes together to create the oversized ornament shape.
- Dip the plaster ribbons into water, dampening entire strip and smooth out over top of foam shape. Continue to layer plaster ribbons until the shape is completely covered.
- Allow to dry for one to two days (must be completely dry to prevent mold from forming).
- Plan your design and paint ornaments using acrylic paint.
- Seal the paint with polyurethane to give it a slightly glossy finish and protect it from chipping.