Making a Leafy Thanksgiving Invite
Gather friends and family to feast with a stylish but simple-to-create invitation.
Materials and Tools:
5-1/2" squares dark brown card stock
4 orange silk leaves per invite
green mulberry paper
cup of water
invitation information printed on tan cardstock, cut to about 3-1/2" square
1. Remove plastic stem and vein from back of leaves by gently pulling them off. Use glue stick to apply leaves in the corners of the brown stock card so that the tips of the leaves are just beyond the edges of the brown stock card.
2. Fold mulberry paper to create squares that are about 4-1/2". Crease gently and then unfold.
3. Dip paintbrush in water and paint the water along a fold line until the fold line is saturated. Gently pull along either side of the moistened line, pulling the paper apart and exposing the natural fibers in the paper. Repeat for all fold lines so that all four edges of the square have exposed fibers.
4. Use a glue stick to apply the mulberry paper to the center of the card, over the leaves.
5. Attach the invitation information to the center of the mulberry paper. If necessary, place the card under a heavy book to hold until the glue is secure.