Make a Block Print Card
Turn a vinyl eraser into a work of art for your holiday greeting cards with these step-by-step instructions.
Materials and Tools:
3-1/4"x4" light blue card stock
18" of silver thread
4 double-sided foam dots
standard folded blue card (8-1/2"x 5-1/2")
1. Draw a Christmas tree with pencil on newsprint. Turn drawing over and rub drawing onto eraser. Cut off excess eraser and save for another stamp.
2. Carve away outside of tree with the cutting nib. Ink eraser (tap the ink pad onto the stamp) and stamp design on scrap paper to check for any lines that need to be carved away. Carve grooves inside of tree.
3. Practice stamping until satisfied with the results. Carefully stamp the design in the middle of the light blue card stock. Fold the blue card in half.
4. Use the corner punch to notch each corner on both sides (1/4 inch from each corner).
5. Tape a one-inch tail of the silver thread to the back of the upper left hand corner of the stamped piece and wind the thread around the corners using the punched notches as the guidelines. Secure the other end of the silver thread with tape to the back of the card.
6. Add double-sided foam dots to the back of stamped piece and attach it to the center of the folded card. Place the star sticker on top of the tree.
How to Make a Personalized Place Card
Create your own personalized place cards by following these steps.
How to Make a Holiday Fold-Out Card
Paige Hill embellishes a holiday fold-out card with a silk poinsettia, a gold heart charm and more.
How to Make a Mitten Garland Advent Calendar
Count down the days till Christmas with a fun and festive mitten garland. Hang it below the mantel for a pretty way to spruce up any fireplace.
Feliz Navidad Handmade Holiday Card
Layer ribbon and fabric trims to create a colorful pinata-inspired handmade Christmas card.
Handmade Christmas Tree Card
Surprise friends and family with this cute, easy-to-create handmade holiday card. Trendy patterns and traditional Christmas colors really make it pop.
How to Make a Bird and Branch Holiday Card
A pinecone adds texture and a sophisticated natural touch to this charming handmade holiday card.
Handmade Pop-Up Christmas Card
Surprise family and friends with an easy-to-create holiday card with a pop-up message tucked inside.
Hip Greeting Card
Karen Carter uses her hip creative skills to make personalized "thank you" cards for her friends.
Vintage Sheet Music Handmade Christmas Card
Forget store-bought, mass-produced Christmas cards. Show friends and family how special they are with vintage-inspired handmade holiday cards.
Handmade Modern Ornament Holiday Card
This sophisticated card is sure to impress family and friends. Everyone appreciates a handmade card, and our exclusive printable templates make creating one a snap.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
Photo Friday: Cooking and Dining in the Great Outdoors
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 28, 2015 by Beth Rucker
This or That: Pick Your Favorite Vintage Find From Fixer Upper
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 27, 2015 by Farima Alavi
6 Essentials for the Perfect Tailgate Party + Win the 1 Thing You Really Need
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 25, 2015 by Farima Alavi
Discover the Winning Hue in Our Color Vs. Color Competition!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Kayla Kitts
Copy This Room: Get Beach Flip Style in Your Living Room
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Shannon Petrie
4 Ways to Personalize Your Dorm Desk + College Goodie Giveaway!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 21, 2015 by Farima Alavi
The Easiest (and Cutest!) DIY Dorm Roommate Mugs Ever
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 20, 2015 by Marianne Canada