Make a Living Wreath for Spring
Living wreaths make for a beautiful and unique look both indoors and out. Use moss, succulents and potting soil to create a natural, spring-inspired wreath just in time for Easter.
By: Kim Foren
- 3-D wire wreath ring (make sure it has two top rights and one bottom right to fasten plants)
- potting soil
- plants with 3-inch roots (examples: succulents, pansies, annuals and cherry tomatoes)
- sphagnum moss
1. Soak your potting soil and sphagnum moss in water. Note: Having both of these wet allows you to mold them easier in the wire.
2. Line the inside of the wreath with sphagnum moss, then fill with soil. The moss will keep the soil from spilling and making a mess.
3. Carefully plant your plants around the wreath. Pat down firmly to properly secure.
4. Water your wreath and lay flat for about a week. This will give the roots time to grow and anchor in the soil.
5. Hang your wreath. Depending on the size, you can even lay the wreath flat on a table for a perfect, spring-inspired centerpiece.
6. Water wreath 2-3 times a week to make sure it lasts its full potential. The easiest way is to either soak the wreath in the sink or to spray with a hose if it's outside.
Make a Paper Posey Spring Wreath
Use simple materials, like colorful card stock, quilting pins and ribbon, to create a one-of-a-kind floral wreath that's perfect for welcoming spring to your home.
How to Make an Egg and Moss Wreath for Spring
Create a moss and egg wreath with paper mache eggs and light green Spanish moss for a simple and natural spring look.
How to Make a Duct Tape Easter Basket
Make a funky Easter basket this year using duct tape and our free printable basket template.
How to Make a Hand-Painted Easter Egg Garland
Paint and glitter, then string together real eggs to create this beautiful and delicate Easter garland. It's sure to add a colorful, springy touch when hung above a vignette or on a banister, mantel or Easter tree.
How to Make a Paper Flower Easter Basket
Make a 3D flower Easter basket using paper and our free printable patterns.
How to Make a Woven Map Easter Basket
Make a clever Easter basket this year using paper maps.
How to Make a Stenciled Tote Bag
Skip the traditional basket and make a personalized stenciled tote bag to carry Easter goodies.
How to Make Felt Egg Easter Baskets
Make egg-shaped baskets for Easter this year for her and him using our free printable patterns.
How to Make Foiled Easter Eggs
Add a metallic touch to your Easter decor this year with foiling paper.
How to Make a (Cute!) Feathered Chick Easter Bucket
Just a few inexpensive craft supplies are all you need to turn a basic bucket into an adorable alternative to a traditional Easter basket.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
Photo Friday: Cooking and Dining in the Great Outdoors
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 28, 2015 by Beth Rucker
This or That: Pick Your Favorite Vintage Find From Fixer Upper
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 27, 2015 by Farima Alavi
6 Essentials for the Perfect Tailgate Party + Win the 1 Thing You Really Need
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 25, 2015 by Farima Alavi
Discover the Winning Hue in Our Color Vs. Color Competition!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Kayla Kitts
Copy This Room: Get Beach Flip Style in Your Living Room
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Shannon Petrie
4 Ways to Personalize Your Dorm Desk + College Goodie Giveaway!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 21, 2015 by Farima Alavi
The Easiest (and Cutest!) DIY Dorm Roommate Mugs Ever
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 20, 2015 by Marianne Canada