Make a Holiday Cookie Greeting Card
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preparing the Tins
Making the Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line CD tins with 5-inch parchment paper circles and set aside.
3. Sift together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
4. Place butter and both sugars in a mixing bowl and mix on medium speed until light and fluffy.
5. Add salt, vanilla and eggs. Mix on medium-low speed until well-blended.
6. With mixer on lowest speed, gradually add dry mixture. Mix only until incorporated.
7. Still on lowest speed, mix in chocolate chips just until incorporated.
8. Chill dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
9. Roll dough out to about 1/4-inch thick.
10. Use CD tins as a cookie cutter, then place cookies in tins on baking sheet.
Baking the Cookies
11. Bake for 9-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
12. Remove from oven and use the back of a spoon to push back any cookie that has baked beyond the rim.
13. After cooling use a knife to run around the edge of the tin so the cookie will release easily.
14. Place a sheet of parchment between the cookie and the greeting and add the lid.