Make a Cool Father's Day Card
Materials and Tools:
orange patterned paper
blue patterned paper
palm tree, star, road sign and flourish die cuts
2 sugar-coated brads
rub-on "cool guy" phrase (or permanent pen)
hemp or twine
glue stick, glue dots or adhesive of choice
sewing machine or needle and thread (optional)
1. Cut gray cardstock to 8-1/2" x 4-3/4" and fold in half. Cut orange patterned paper slightly smaller than card front, ink edges and glue to center of card.
2. Cut blue paper slightly smaller than orange paper and trim edges with pinking shears. Attach blue paper to card with glue and lightly distress the paper's surface with sandpaper.
3. Cut a 1-1/4" strip of patterned paper to fit diagonally across the card front, ink edges and glue just below center. To give the card more texture, machine or hand-stitch around edges if desired.
4. Adhere palm-tree die cut by using adhesive and then attach blue flourish and road sign to upper area of palm-tree die cut. Write "cool guy" or apply rub-on phrase.
5. Make a small hole in the card's spine and feed hemp or twine through, wrapping it around the card front twice. Thread buttons through hemp and tie in a knot to secure. Thread hemp through chipboard motorcycle and tie to secure. Finally, attach star die cuts to card front with sugared brads.