How to Turn Old Luggage Into Pretty Storage
Here's how you can recreate this impressive flea market flip from HGTV Magazine.
- Tape off the suitcases’ hardware and trim.
- Paint the entirety of each suitcase with one coat of primer. Let dry.
- Remove the tape. Paint the handles and trim as desired. Let dry.
- Cut separate pieces of fabric (a bit larger than the area you want to cover) for the tops, bottoms, and sides of the suitcases.
- On each suitcase, adhere the fabric using decoupage medium and a foam brush, working one section at a time. Cut out a slit over each piece of hardware so it can pop through. Smooth out the fabric, and brush a coat of decoupage medium over the top. Let dry. Using a crafts knife, cut away the excess fabric around the hardware and trim.