How to Stamp an Elegant Black and White Box
Materials and Tools:
papier mache boxes with lids
Rubber Stampede stamps:
- signature background (3255R)
- acanthus background (3320R)
- rose etched background (3321R)
- music background (3322R)
- harlequin (3218)
Delta Ceramcoat acrylic thinner
Delta Ceramcoat acrylics: black, white
Delta Ceramcoat satin decoupage medium
Delta Ceramcoat satin interior varnish
1. Paint boxes with white paint. Let dry. Some boxes may require two coats.
2. Pour small amount of black paint onto paper plate. Mix with a little acrylic thinner to make paint the consistency of ink.
3. Pat paint onto rubber stamp with the flat edge of a wedge sponge.
4. Stamp onto white paper. Stamp several pieces of paper with different stamp patterns. Reapply paint to stamp after each impression.
5. Trim stamped papers close to stamped designs or trim into various shapes.
6. Apply decoupage medium to back of trimmed stamped papers. Glue to white boxes.
7. Position papers so they cover the entire box or use the papers to create a variety of different designs.
8. Use a thin paintbrush to accent parts of the boxes with black paint, such as the lid.
9. Use assorted black and white ribbons to trim boxes.