How to Stain Furniture
To give a room a cohesive feel, try staining all the furniture the same color.
Materials and Tools:
foam paint roller
1. Sand the entire piece of furniture and remove dust.
2. Clean and de-gloss with a liquid sander to ensure the stain will adhere to the old finish.
3. Mix three parts gel stain with one part tinted varnish. Apply in smooth even coats using a brush and foam roller. Let dry.
4. Apply extra coats until desired color is reached. Let dry.
5. Apply a top coat with clear varnish for extra protection.