How to Sew a Quilted Stuffed Sheep
Make this soft, whimsical sheep with these simple steps.
Materials and Tools:
Bali cotton fabric
sewing machine and thread
tracing wheel and paper
needle and thread
iron and ironing board
1. Trace and cut out all pattern pieces from Bali fabric and muslin for the backing.
3. Layer small swatches of thin quilt batting where needed, and stitch all pattern pieces to all muslin backs.
4. Sew sheep body pieces together.
5. Wash the sheep's finished body in hot water and dry it in a hot dryer to create a shriveled texture.
6. Mark the placement of eyes and attach safety eyes.
8. Make 12 ring-shaped ruffles that are the circumference of the sheep body.
9. Slip the 12 ring-shaped ruffles on in order (the smallest near face, the largest at belly).
10. Hand-sew the ruffles to the body. Note: The sheep will look complete with the rings just slipped on. Sewing secures the ruffles.
How to Sew a Log Cabin Applique
Create a log cabin design that's great for a quilt, sampler or pillow using the faced applique technique.
How to Sew Triangular Quilt Pieces
Sew triangular quilt pieces perfectly with these simple steps.
Easy Y-Seam Block
Learn to make an y-seam block with these easy-to-follow instructions, and you'll be well on your way to creating an Attic Windows quilt.
How to Make a Crayon Quilt Block
Layer color tones on muslin to create lively squares on a child's quilt.
How to Prep for Whole-Cloth Quilting
Mark and trapunto your motifs with these step-by-step instructions.
How to Make a Shining Star Quilt
Make a Shining Star quilt with these simple steps.
How to Sew Food-Shaped Stuffed Toys
Make three soft toys cute enough to eat: a tomato, broccoli and ham.
How to Sew a Faux Chenille Scarf
Create a budget-friendly chenille scarf look-a-like from dupioni silk and black wool felt.
Sew a Playful Flower Brooch
Add some sunshine and style to a child’s outfit with this soft flower brooch.
How to Sew a Beaded Bag
Instead of knitting this bag, sew yarn and fabric scraps onto stabilizer and embellish with beads.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
Photo Friday: Cooking and Dining in the Great Outdoors
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 28, 2015 by Beth Rucker
This or That: Pick Your Favorite Vintage Find From Fixer Upper
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 27, 2015 by Farima Alavi
6 Essentials for the Perfect Tailgate Party + Win the 1 Thing You Really Need
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 25, 2015 by Farima Alavi
Discover the Winning Hue in Our Color Vs. Color Competition!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Kayla Kitts
Copy This Room: Get Beach Flip Style in Your Living Room
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Shannon Petrie
4 Ways to Personalize Your Dorm Desk + College Goodie Giveaway!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 21, 2015 by Farima Alavi
The Easiest (and Cutest!) DIY Dorm Roommate Mugs Ever
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 20, 2015 by Marianne Canada