How to Paint a Glass Fish Bowl
Use stained glass paint to make a fish-themed candleholder.
Materials and Tools:
small glass bowl
stained-glass paint: blue, silver glitter, yellow, plum, moss green, brown
fish and seaweed stencils
1. Put the stencil under the styrene blank and trace the outline of the fish and seaweed with liquid leading. Let dry.
2. Color in the fish with yellow and plum stained-glass paint. Color in the seaweed with moss green and brown stained-glass paint.
3. After these have completely dried (it will take about 12 hours), peel the shapes off the styrene blank and attach them to the glass bowl.
4. To paint the background, mix blue stained-glass paint with silver glitter and use a paintbrush to apply the paint to the bowl, giving it a textured effect. Paint brown at the bottom to represent sand. Let dry completely, about 24 hours (The paint will be transparent like stained glass when dry).
5. Place a votive candle inside.