How to Paint a Glass Fish Bowl
Use stained glass paint to make a fish-themed candleholder.
Materials and Tools:
small glass bowl
stained-glass paint: blue, silver glitter, yellow, plum, moss green, brown
fish and seaweed stencils
1. Put the stencil under the styrene blank and trace the outline of the fish and seaweed with liquid leading. Let dry.
2. Color in the fish with yellow and plum stained-glass paint. Color in the seaweed with moss green and brown stained-glass paint.
3. After these have completely dried (it will take about 12 hours), peel the shapes off the styrene blank and attach them to the glass bowl.
4. To paint the background, mix blue stained-glass paint with silver glitter and use a paintbrush to apply the paint to the bowl, giving it a textured effect. Paint brown at the bottom to represent sand. Let dry completely, about 24 hours (The paint will be transparent like stained glass when dry).
5. Place a votive candle inside.
Learn how using mildew retardant paint can help prevent mildew in your home.
How to Paint Decorative Tile
Use tile as a canvas for painting any design you desire.
How to Hand Carve Decorative Tile
Carve your own design into a clay tile and color glaze it with these simple steps.
How to Remove Wallpaper
How do you remove the wallpaper without damaging the wall – or yourself? Use these tips to help you decide which option will work best.
How to Make a Tassel Camera Strap
Personalize your camera with a cotton strap embellished with metallic leather and craft paint.
Caring for Leather Furniture
Get the most out of your leather furniture with these 5 maintenance tips.
How to Fix a Squeaky Floor
Keep it quiet with these troubleshooting tips.
The Best of Bamboo
There are two distinct categories of bamboo, and it makes a big difference which one you choose.
Auto Part Art Dog Sculpture
An engineer uses auto parts to sculpt a metal dog.
How to Make Whimsical Bookmarks
Use fabric and paint to make whimsical bookmarks.
Sign up for the HGTV Inspiration Newsletter.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.