How to Paint a Bear Stocking
Dress up your holiday stocking with a teddy bear.
A little paint will bring out a cute bear in this hanging holiday decoration.
drawing, clipart, etc.
acrylic paint: yellow, burnt sienna, warm white, black
small bow or ribbon to make one
toys, candies, etc.
1. Place some scrap cardboard inside the stocking so the paint doesn't bleed through to the back.
2. Draw or trace a design using graphite paper and a pencil.
3. Paint the design using textile medium.
4. Use a dauber to paint an undercoat.
5. Use a clean dauber to shade in recessed areas with some burnt sienna paint and highlight forward areas with warm white.
6. Use a liner brush with thin black paint to draw on details like eyes, nose and mouth.
7. Highlight eyes and nose with a dot of white.
8. Add a hair bow for a girl or a bowtie for a boy bear.
9. Trim the top with your favorite holiday trim or ribbon and fill the stocking with goodies.
A Glass Ornament Tree That Sparkles
Combine greens, berries, glass ornaments and glitter to form a festive glass tree.
How to Make Airbrushed Glass Ornaments
Decorate your Christmas tree with airbrushed glass ornaments. Follow these instructions by Judy Schieck.
How to Make a Mosaic Stained Glass Portrait
Attach stained glass pieces to adhesive paper placed over a photo to create a mosaic glass portrait.
How to Make a Sunflower Wall Hanging
Use wood and stained glass to create a sunflower wall hanging.
How to Make a Clay Garden Sphere
Create a unique piece of outdoor art with speckled stoneware clay and clay-carving tools
How to Make an Etched Ceramic Vase
Etch a creative design in a ceramic vase to match any style room.
Mosaic and Foam Memory Quilt
Not a quilter? No problem! This memory quilt uses a foam base and mosaic tiles to create a quilt that's sewing free.
How to Sculpt a Ceramic Pear
This realistic ceramic pear project features rich glaze highlights.
How to Weave a Decorative Copper Wire Basket
Weave copper wire into a decorative basket embellished with polymer clay beads.
How to Make an Etched Copper Bowl
Etch a eucalyptus-leaf sgraffito design into a copper bowl for a unique piece of pottery.
Sign up for the HGTV Inspiration Newsletter.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.