How to Make Flameless Party Crackers
- 6 toilet paper tubes or English party cracker tubes (available online)
- 6 cracker snaps (available online)
- crepe paper fold
- white ink pad
- star-shaped stamp or wood cutout
- red and white baker's twine
- craft glue
- cracker fillings: confetti, candy, small toys, etc.
Cut and Stamp Crepe Paper
Cut one 30x20" piece of crepe paper fold and hand-stamp a star pattern using an ink pad and stamp. Once dry, cut the paper into six 10x10" squares.
Secure one end of paper to the cardboard tube with craft glue, and then roll/wrap the entire tube securing the second end with additional craft glue (Images 1 and 2).
Place Cracker Snap
Place cracker snap inside of tube, securing it in place by tying one end shut with baker's twine (Images 1 and 2).
Fill cracker with confetti, candy and small toys. Secure contents by tying the remaining open end with baker's twine.
When you're ready to use crackers, pull both ends. The loud pop and surprises spilling out will be fun for kids and adults alike.