How to Make a Stained Glass Paper Clip
Create a stylish office accessory with this easy-to-make paper clip project.
Materials and Tools:
copper foil tape
oversize paper clip
soldering iron and solder
glass enamel paint
electric grinding machine
1. Draw a hibiscus flower pattern on paper. Scan it into the computer and print it out on adhesive-backed paper. Print out another copy of the design on regular paper for a guide.
2. Number the petals and cut them out individually.
4. Score the glass around each petal with a glass scorer and break the glass with glass-breaking pliers. Place the petals on the paper guide.
5. Wearing safety glasses, grind the edges of each petal with an electric glass grinder.
6. Remove the adhesive-backed paper from each petal. Clean the petals with glass cleaner and a towel.
8. Place the petals on the paper guide. Solder the petals together, using solder and a soldering iron. Lift the petals while soldering to give the flower dimension.
9. String beads on a short piece of wire for the flower stamen. Curl the wire at both ends with needle-nose pliers to secure the beads.
10. Apply flux and solder one end of the wire to the center of the flower.
12. Apply flux to the copper foil and solder the back of the flower to the end of the paper clip.
13. Highlight the petals with brush strokes of pink paint, moving from the center outward. Let the paint dry.
How to Make a Beaded Leather Belt
Create a beaded leather belt with Western flair.
Paper Mache Meditation Sphere
Make a decorative meditation sphere using paper mache and a beach ball.
Weave a Photo Journal Cover
Recycle colorful photos by arranging them into an easy basket weave cover.
How to Make a Personalized Kid's Banner
Create a playful, painted canvas banner sure to inspire sweet dreams in a kid's bedroom.
How to Make a Horsehair Wall Platter
Create a distinctive piece of pottery by embellishing it with horsehair strands.
Make Your Own Potpourri
DIY potpourri sachets help make a house a home through comforting scents.
Felted Fabric Art
Make art-like felted creations using colorful wool roving.
How to Make a Lauhala Hat
Weave a distinctive look with pandanus leaves to create a perfect beach hat.
Jute-Wrapped Pencil Holder
An empty can and bit of twine are all you need to create this handy pencil holder.
How to Make a Rustic Tin Trinket Box
An ordinary mint tin seems like it's been around for ages with this aging technique.
Sign up for the HGTV Inspiration Newsletter.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.