How to Make a Silver Clay Origami Crane Ornament
Fold a clay origami crane to hang as a decorative ornament in a window or on a holiday tree.
Materials and Tools:
square silver clay sheet
clay pin tool
kiln shelf padding
soap and water
- Fold a square silver clay sheet into an origami crane shape. Search the Internet for directions on how to fold a paper origami crane.
- Pierce through the center of the silver clay crane with a clay pin tool.
- Place the clay crane on a mug warmer to dry for 10 minutes.
- Place the crane on a kiln shelf pillow and fire.
- When the origami crane ornament has cooled take it out of the kiln and clean with soap, water and a brass brush.
- Wearing safety glasses use a flex shaft to drill out the hole (formed by the clay pin tool in step 2) for the jump ring.
- Attach a jump ring using two pair of pliers.
- Create a hanger with round wire and pliers and attach it to the jump ring.