How to Make a Silver and Leather Message Bracelet
Make this bracelet stamped with a special message and tied with a leather cord with these simple steps.
Materials and Tools:
22-gauge sterling silver sheet
steel alphabet stamps
saw and saw blades
drill or circle punch
1. Cut a rectangle of silver sheet approximately the same length as your wrist.
2. Smooth out all the rough edges with a file.
3. Drill or circle punch holes on both ends of the rectangle.
4. Decide on a phrase, name or word to stamp into your bracelet. Starting with the first letter, name or word, grab the steel letter stamp and hammer the stamp on the metal. Continue until done. This project uses, "Have fun stay single."
5. Measure a length of cord half the diameter of your wrist and about 2 to 3 inches extra.
6. String the leather cord through one of the holes on your newly hammered silver rectangle. Tie a knot and secure it with a dab of glue. The knot should be on the topside of the hammered rectangle.
7. Repeat the last step on the other side, remembering that you will be slipping this bracelet over your hand, so it shouldn't be super snug. Or, add a clasp to the end of the leather cord for your closure.
How to Make a Silver Clay Dragonfly Bracelet
Stamp and style precious metal clay ovals to create this delicate bracelet.
How to Make a Silver Sun and Sea Bracelet
Hammer silver into a beautiful, flattering bracelet.
How to Personalize a Sterling Silver Beaded Bracelet
Stamp your own message into this sterling silver bracelet and create lampwork beads for embellishment.
How to Make a Silver Heart Ring
Create a delicate sterling silver ring using basic metalwork techniques.
How to Make a Silver and Turquoise Pendant Necklace
Employ metalsmithing and jewelry-making techniques to create this beautiful silver and turquoise necklace.
How to Make a Red Rose Silver Bracelet
Make an attractive, modern silver bracelet embellished with an enameled red rose.
How to Engrave a Sterling and Leather Cuff
Make a stylish, modern leather cuff bracelet engraved with the message of your choice.
How to Make Black Metal Flower Jewelry
Put a modern twist on daisies with this sophisticated black metal jewelry set.
How to Make a Chain Link Silver Necklace
Make a bold — and one-of-a-kind — statement with this sterling silver chain link necklace project.
How to Make a Silver Necklace With Coral Beads
Make a delicate, reticulated silver necklace strung with three rows of stone beads.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
Photo Friday: Cooking and Dining in the Great Outdoors
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 28, 2015 by Beth Rucker
This or That: Pick Your Favorite Vintage Find From Fixer Upper
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 27, 2015 by Farima Alavi
6 Essentials for the Perfect Tailgate Party + Win the 1 Thing You Really Need
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 25, 2015 by Farima Alavi
Discover the Winning Hue in Our Color Vs. Color Competition!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Kayla Kitts
Copy This Room: Get Beach Flip Style in Your Living Room
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Shannon Petrie
4 Ways to Personalize Your Dorm Desk + College Goodie Giveaway!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 21, 2015 by Farima Alavi
The Easiest (and Cutest!) DIY Dorm Roommate Mugs Ever
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 20, 2015 by Marianne Canada