How to Make a Retro "Joy" Bottle Cap Card
Make a handmade card to give to your family and friends this holiday season. Follow these instructions by Sherry Wright to learn how to make a card from bottle caps.
Materials and Tools:
Paper Salon patterned paper: holiday squares, holiday circles
Paper Salon pear card and envelope
Paper Salon lipstick red ink
Making Memories gameboard alphabet
Memory by Therm-O-Web Zots adhesive
Sizzix with adapter *
1-1/8" and 1-3/8" circle die or cutter
3 bottle caps
* or a rubber mallet
1. Cut two strips of the holiday squares pattern paper, one 11/16" x 5-1/2" and the other 11/16 x 4-1/4".
2. Ink edges with lipstick red ink. Adhere first along bottom and other along side running vertically.
3. Flatten three bottle caps using the Sizzix and adapter or a rubber mallet.
4. Punch two 1-3/8-inch circles from holiday circle paper and one 1-3/8-inch circle from holiday square paper. Adhere circles to front of flattened bottle caps.
5. Ink a "J", "O" and "Y" from gameboard alphabet with lipstick red ink.
6. Adhere "J" to bottle cap with holiday circle paper, "O" to bottle cap with holiday square paper, and "Y" to bottle cap with holiday circle paper.
7. Adhere bottle cap letters vertically to front of pear-colored card, spelling "JOY".
8. Ink edges of entire card with lipstick red ink.
9. For the envelope: Ink edges of pear envelope and flap with lipstick red ink.
10. Cut a 3/4" x 5-3/4" strip of holiday circle paper. Ink and adhere strip along bottom of envelope front.
11. Punch a 1-3/8-inch circle from holiday square paper and another from holiday circle paper. Ink edges and adhere to bottom right of envelope front in an overlapping pattern.
12. Punch two smaller 1-1/8-inch circles from each paper and adhere onto envelope flap in an overlapping pattern.