How to Make a Pressed Flower Coaster Set
Avoid watermarks on your living room tables with these easy to make pressed flower coasters.
Materials and Tools:
four 4" square glass bevels
four 4" squares, single-strength glass
pressed flowers and leaves*
3/8" wide copper foil tape
16 round, clear, adhesive 1/2" or smaller rubber bumpers
*Thick stems removed and petals separated
- Clean all glass thoroughly. Arrange a group of petals and leaves on a piece of single-strength glass. Use a toothpick to apply a small amount of glue to the back of each flower petal and leaf and affix them to the glass one at a time. Place one of the bevels, bevel side down, on top of the positioned flowers.
- Cut four short pieces of masking tape and place one piece over each of the four sides, temporarily holding the glass squares together.
- Cut a piece of copper foil tape about 20 inches long. Peel the backing away from a small portion of the tape and wrap the foil, adhesive side down, evenly around the edges of the glass, removing the masking tape and foil backing as you apply the foil. Avoid pulling too tightly around the corners, as the tape could break.
- Using the craft stick, burnish the foil smoothly on the top, bottom and edges of the glass.
- Repeat steps 1-4 with the remaining glass and pressed flowers.
- Apply a rubber bumper to each corner of each coaster. Stack the coasters and secure with a ribbon (optional).
Kimberlee Lynch, Denver, Colo.
Web site: coloradocreativeliving.com
How to Make a Wire Bookmark
Bend and shape wire into a flower pattern to create a stylish bookmark.
How to Make a Mosaic Leaf Mirror
Sculpt leaves from clay and use them to decorate this mosaic tile mirror.
How to Make a Leather Journal
Use basic bookbinding techniques and stamping to create this trim, professional leather journal.
How to Build a Fabric Hanger
Step-by-step instructions for making a simple rack for quilts and linens
How to Make a Stainless Steel Surfer Light Fixture
Create a surfer-style light fixture from stainless steel and glass with these steps.
Learn how to make a steel dragonfly ornament that's perfect for dressing up any corner of the home.
Step-by-step instructions for making these colorful accents.
Handmade Mosaic Tile Backsplash
Design a colorful mosaic tile backsplash to add a bit of flair to your kitchen.
Build a Brass and Aluminum Wall Hanging
Assemble and display this geometric-shaped metal wall hanging using basic metalworking techniques.
How to Make a Reverse Mosaic Chair
This colorful chair uses a reverse mosaic technique so the surface is smooth for sitting.
Sign up for the HGTV Inspiration Newsletter.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.