How to Make a Pressed Flower Coaster Set
Avoid watermarks on your living room tables with these easy to make pressed flower coasters.
Materials and Tools:
four 4" square glass bevels
four 4" squares, single-strength glass
pressed flowers and leaves*
3/8" wide copper foil tape
16 round, clear, adhesive 1/2" or smaller rubber bumpers
*Thick stems removed and petals separated
- Clean all glass thoroughly. Arrange a group of petals and leaves on a piece of single-strength glass. Use a toothpick to apply a small amount of glue to the back of each flower petal and leaf and affix them to the glass one at a time. Place one of the bevels, bevel side down, on top of the positioned flowers.
- Cut four short pieces of masking tape and place one piece over each of the four sides, temporarily holding the glass squares together.
- Cut a piece of copper foil tape about 20 inches long. Peel the backing away from a small portion of the tape and wrap the foil, adhesive side down, evenly around the edges of the glass, removing the masking tape and foil backing as you apply the foil. Avoid pulling too tightly around the corners, as the tape could break.
- Using the craft stick, burnish the foil smoothly on the top, bottom and edges of the glass.
- Repeat steps 1-4 with the remaining glass and pressed flowers.
- Apply a rubber bumper to each corner of each coaster. Stack the coasters and secure with a ribbon (optional).
Kimberlee Lynch, Denver, Colo.
Web site: coloradocreativeliving.com