How to Make a Mosaic Serving Tray
Add a simple yet colorful accent to the kitchen with a mosaic serving tray.
Materials and Tools:
ceramic serving tray
ceramic tiles and/or plates
ceramic teapot or coffee cup
1. Place the tiles or plates in a plastic bag and seal it. With a hammer, carefully break tiles into small jagged pieces.
2. In the plastic bag, carefully break the coffee cup or teapot, making sure to keep the handle intact.
3. Fill the base of the tray with bed mortar according to the manufacturer's instructions. Make sure not to fill it higher than the tray's handles.
4. Spread the mortar evenly with the trowel.
5. Place the broken ceramic handle in the center of the serving tray.
DIY Grain Sack Kitchen Barstool Cushions
Inexpensive canvas drop cloths, acrylic paint and basic sewing skills come together to create fabulous custom cushions for kitchen barstools or chairs.
How to Make a Metal Fish Sculpture
Cut, weld and spray paint metal to create this whimsical fish sculpture.
Laminated Wood Pen
Aaron Lau handcrafts a beautiful laminated wood pen with crushed turquoise.
Stained and Fused Glass Panel
Use these step-by-step instructions to create a stained and fused glass panel.
How to Make a Slumped Glass Wavy Bowl
Fuse a floral design onto a vibrant red slumped bowl that's as functional as it is beautiful.
How to Make a Fabric Picture Frame
Frame a favorite photo in a whimsical fabric art frame with these simple steps.
How to Paint a Stained-Glass Window
A family portrait is turned into a unique stained-glass-style window.
Copper Mood Lamp
Steve Jones weaves copper strips into this metallic mood lamp.
How to Make a Wool Felt Appliquéd Pillow Cover
Sew a wool felt pattern onto fabric to create a pillow cover.
Create a Garden Cement Leaf
Sharon Eide embellishes her garden decoration with metallic paints.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.