How to Make a Leopard Print Hurricane Lamp
Make a funky hurricane lamp with leopard print tissue paper, beaded trim and a boa.
Materials and Tools:
wooden base (available at craft store)
leopard-print tissue paper
glitter glass paint
hot-glue gun and glue
1. Cut a 1-inch slit in the wooden base with a table saw to accommodate the cord of Christmas lights.
2. Tear tissue paper into various-sized pieces.
3. Mix liquid starch and glitter glass paint together using a ratio of one part paint to three parts starch. Dip a paintbrush into the starch mixture and apply it to a small section of the hurricane lamp. Place a piece of the torn tissue paper over the starch mixture, and then apply another coat of the starch mixture over the paper. Decoupage until the entire glass lamp is covered with tissue paper. Let dry.
5. Place the Christmas lights inside the lamp. Pull the plug end of the cord out the bottom of the lamp.
6. Glue the decorated hurricane lamp to the wooden base, placing the electric cord of the lights through the slit in the base.
How to Make a Homemade Lamp
Can't find that perfect lamp? Follow these instructions to make your own lamp.
Copper Mood Lamp
Steve Jones weaves copper strips into this metallic mood lamp.
How to Make a Nautical-Themed Lamp
Add a summery nautical touch to your home's decor by wrapping natural hemp around a ho-hum lamp base and shade. This quick update is easy, inexpensive and breathes new life into a tired accessory.
How To Embellish Party Lights With Colorful Streamers
Take your basic patio lights up a notch with sheer ribbon embellishments. These pretty colors will blow in the summer breeze, making those nighttime BBQs much more festive.
How to Create a Beaker Lamp
Use this step-by-step to make a quirky and fun desk lamp featured in HGTV Magazine.
How to Rewire a Lamp
No need to toss that old lamp. Follow these easy steps for rewiring a light, making it good as new.
How to Make a Mosaic Lamp
Follow these instructions for embellishing a lamp base with tempered glass.
How to Make an Enameled Switch Plate
Use copper wire, enamel and etching techniques to create a stylish touch for any room.
Rustic Driftwood Lamp
See how Dan O'Neil creates a beautiful lamp made out of driftwood.
Stacked-Books Table Lamp
Upcycle old books by turning them into a one-of-a-kind lamp.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
Photo Friday: Cooking and Dining in the Great Outdoors
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 28, 2015 by Beth Rucker
This or That: Pick Your Favorite Vintage Find From Fixer Upper
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 27, 2015 by Farima Alavi
6 Essentials for the Perfect Tailgate Party + Win the 1 Thing You Really Need
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 25, 2015 by Farima Alavi
Discover the Winning Hue in Our Color Vs. Color Competition!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Kayla Kitts
Copy This Room: Get Beach Flip Style in Your Living Room
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Shannon Petrie
4 Ways to Personalize Your Dorm Desk + College Goodie Giveaway!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 21, 2015 by Farima Alavi
The Easiest (and Cutest!) DIY Dorm Roommate Mugs Ever
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 20, 2015 by Marianne Canada