How to Make a Hand-Cut Sterling Silver Pendant
Make a beautiful necklace pendant from sterling silver by cutting out your own design with a jeweler's saw.
Materials and Tools:
sterling silver sheet
sterling silver clasp
fine saw blades
1. Design your piece with pencil on paper. Make a pattern, then glue the pattern onto the sterling sheet silver with rubber cement.
2. Drill a hole in each negative space in the pattern.
3. Feed saw blade into each drilled hole and cut out the inside of the shape with a jeweler's saw. Repeat cutting until the piece is completely cut out.
4. File outside edge of silver. Sand with sandpaper.
5. Hammer the silver in a block of wax to give it shape.
6. Apply matte finish to silver with abrasive sponge.
7. Add ear wires or leather cord and a sterling silver clasp.
How to Make a Beaded Leather Belt
Create a beaded leather belt with Western flair.
How to Make a Stained Glass Paper Clip
Create a stylish office accessory with this easy-to-make paper clip project.
Paper Mache Meditation Sphere
Make a decorative meditation sphere using paper mache and a beach ball.
Weave a Photo Journal Cover
Recycle colorful photos by arranging them into an easy basket weave cover.
How to Make a Personalized Kid's Banner
Create a playful, painted canvas banner sure to inspire sweet dreams in a kid's bedroom.
How to Make a Horsehair Wall Platter
Create a distinctive piece of pottery by embellishing it with horsehair strands.
Make Your Own Potpourri
DIY potpourri sachets help make a house a home through comforting scents.
Felted Fabric Art
Make art-like felted creations using colorful wool roving.
How to Make a Lauhala Hat
Weave a distinctive look with pandanus leaves to create a perfect beach hat.
Jute-Wrapped Pencil Holder
An empty can and bit of twine are all you need to create this handy pencil holder.
Sign up for the HGTV Inspiration Newsletter.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.