How to Make a Hand-Cut Sterling Silver Pendant
Materials and Tools:
sterling silver sheet
sterling silver clasp
fine saw blades
1. Design your piece with pencil on paper. Make a pattern, then glue the pattern onto the sterling sheet silver with rubber cement.
2. Drill a hole in each negative space in the pattern.
3. Feed saw blade into each drilled hole and cut out the inside of the shape with a jeweler's saw. Repeat cutting until the piece is completely cut out.
4. File outside edge of silver. Sand with sandpaper.
5. Hammer the silver in a block of wax to give it shape.
6. Apply matte finish to silver with abrasive sponge.
7. Add ear wires or leather cord and a sterling silver clasp.