How to Make a Gourd Pendant Necklace
Turn a gourd scrap into a painted jewelry pendant in this simple necklace project.
Materials and Tools:
gourd scrap (saved triangular-shaped gourd eyepiece from the gourd mask project)
acrylic metallic paint
gold paint pen
fine tip permanent marker
clear stretchy cord
clear acrylic spray
- Reshape the triangular-shaped gourd piece into desired pendant shape with a craft knife.
- Smooth the gourd edges with sandpaper.
- Decide how you want the necklace to hang and insert a hole into the side of the gourd pendant with an awl.
- Outline a design on the front of the gourd piece with a fine tipped marker.
- Fill in the selected design on the gourd piece with acrylic metallic paint. Paint the back.
- Embellish the front design and edges with a gold paint pen.
- Spray with clear acrylic spray.
- String complementary beads on a clear stretch necklace cord, then the gourd piece, and then add more beads.
- Tie the cord at your desired necklace length.