How to Make a Glass Wall Vase
Make a fused glass wall vase for a stylish way to display flowers.
Materials and Tools:
accessory glasses (stringer, frit)
dish soap and water
1. Draw the desired design on paper.
3. Cut out circles of turquoise glass for cheeks, using a circle template to trace the circles on glass. Draw facial features for eyes and lips on the glass with a permanent marker. Using a glass cutter and glass-breaking pliers, cut them out.
4. Grind the edges of the glass pieces smooth with a grinding machine.
5. Hold a piece of black stringer over a candle flame and bend it to make eyebrows. Cut two small rectangles of blue glass for placing over the eyebrows. Use two small black pieces of frit for eyes and a blue piece of frit for the nose.
6. Cut a clear piece of glass to match the yellow half-circle piece. Place the clear half-circle in the kiln, and put a half-circle of fiber paper cut slightly smaller than the glass on top. Then place the yellow half-circle with the arranged facial elements on top of that. Embed half-circle pieces of high-temperature wire at the top corners of the circle for hanging and at the sides for adding dangling beads.
7. Fire the piece in the kiln.
9. String beads onto wire and close with round-nose pliers. Attach the bead dangles to the wires on the side of the glass piece.
10. Arrange flowers in the reservoir to resemble hair.
How to Make a Sassy Girl Mosaic Wall Hanging
Tap into your inner Sassy Girl with this mosaic wall hanging made from tiles, grout, paint and wood.
How to Decorate With a Natural Bamboo Wall Hanging
Embellish a bamboo placemat with decorative papers, a tree branch, beads, tassels and other mediums to create a unique wall hanging.
How to Make a Steel Lily Wall Sconce
Weld and sculpt a steel lily to hang on your wall for instant industrial, modern style.
Mirror Made from Molding
New fluted trim and rosettes are combined with salvaged molding to create a traditional-style mirror.
How to Make a Slumped Glass Wavy Bowl
Fuse a floral design onto a vibrant red slumped bowl that's as functional as it is beautiful.
How to Make a Metal Fish Sculpture
Cut, weld and spray paint metal to create this whimsical fish sculpture.
Stained and Fused Glass Panel
Use these step-by-step instructions to create a stained and fused glass panel.
Laminated Wood Pen
Aaron Lau handcrafts a beautiful laminated wood pen with crushed turquoise.
How to Make a Recycled Metal Fish Sculpture
Turn an old car hood into a fish sculpture with simple welding techniques.
How to Make a Whimsical Wooden House
Graham Eagle's architectural-style walla hanging has many whimsical features.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.