How to Make a Glass Wall Vase
Make a fused glass wall vase for a stylish way to display flowers.
Materials and Tools:
accessory glasses (stringer, frit)
dish soap and water
1. Draw the desired design on paper.
3. Cut out circles of turquoise glass for cheeks, using a circle template to trace the circles on glass. Draw facial features for eyes and lips on the glass with a permanent marker. Using a glass cutter and glass-breaking pliers, cut them out.
4. Grind the edges of the glass pieces smooth with a grinding machine.
5. Hold a piece of black stringer over a candle flame and bend it to make eyebrows. Cut two small rectangles of blue glass for placing over the eyebrows. Use two small black pieces of frit for eyes and a blue piece of frit for the nose.
6. Cut a clear piece of glass to match the yellow half-circle piece. Place the clear half-circle in the kiln, and put a half-circle of fiber paper cut slightly smaller than the glass on top. Then place the yellow half-circle with the arranged facial elements on top of that. Embed half-circle pieces of high-temperature wire at the top corners of the circle for hanging and at the sides for adding dangling beads.
7. Fire the piece in the kiln.
9. String beads onto wire and close with round-nose pliers. Attach the bead dangles to the wires on the side of the glass piece.
10. Arrange flowers in the reservoir to resemble hair.