How to Make a Gingko Leaf Journal Cover
Make a journal cover inspired by ginkgo leaves in this botanical craft project.
Materials and Tools:
12-20 pressed leaves, depending on the size
Fossil Leaf Journal "large" #69022
Beacon's Liquid Laminate
antiqued gold or copper acrylic paints
- Remove the fossil leaf from the front and back of the journal.
- Paint a small area on the front of the journal and cover with Liquid Laminate.
- Apply Liquid Laminate to the back of a leaf and press it into the laminate on the journal. Continue putting the leaves on the outside of the journal, working in small areas at a time until you have the design you want.
- Apply another coat of laminate over all the leaves, pressing them in place as you work. Let dry overnight.
- When the cover is dry, pick all the leaves off the cover. They will crumble and tear. This is fine; just make sure all the leaf material is removed.
- Paint with metallic paint on a small area of the journal cover.
- With a small sponge, wipe some of the paint away, leaving just the leaf impression painted.
- Continue until the leaves are all highlighted. Embellish as desired.
How to Make an Accordion-Style Book
Try your hand at a hand-bound accordion book, embellished with metal and ribbon.
Hand-Sewn Handmade Journal
Learn how to make your own journal to use for scrapbooking or other activities in this project.
How to Make a Beach-Themed Shadow Box
Use clever scrapbooking techniques to create a beachy, photo-inspired layout for a shadow box.
How to Make Scrapbook Borders
Add a touch of elegance to your scrapbook pages with stamps and pen designs.
No-Bake Paste Paper Scrapbook Page
Julia Andrus demonstrates this interesting technique to creating textured paste accents for your scrapbook pages.
How to Knit a Handspun Yarn Journal
Keep track of knitting projects currently on needles with this knit-inspired yarn journal.
How to Make a Personal Scrapbook
Make a scrapbook about your own life for a creative way to look back on memories.
How to Make Wire Scrapbook Flowers
Add a touch of art to your scrapbook pages with easy-to-make wire flowers.
How to Make a Lunchbox Scrapbook and Recipe Card
Keep treasured photos and recipes together in a decorated metal lunchbox with these simple steps.
How to Make Pleated Wedding Pages
Learn how to dress up your wedding pages with a pleating technique.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.