How to Make a Fused Dichroic Glass Watch
Make a stylish, fused-glass watch using dichroic glass and decals.
Materials and Tools:
- Carefully clean your glass with rubbing alcohol.
- Use glass cutters and nippers to cut out 1-inch squares of different colors of dichroic glass.
- Soak the decal(s) in water for a few minutes. Take the decal out of the water and slip the decal off the sheet with your finger. Place it on top of one of the glass squares.
- Place all the glass squares on the kiln shelf. Fire up the kiln and let it vent to 1000 degree F, then close the lid.
- Let the kiln heat up to 1350 degrees F, turn the kiln off and let it sit to cool slightly.
- Turn the kiln on and let it go up to 1350 degrees F again. Keep repeating these steps until the glass has melted enough (about 10 minutes). Turn the kiln off and wait until fully cooled. Open kiln and remove glass squares.
- Cut bracelet blank to 8 inches long.
- Glue glass tiles to bracelet blanks with extra-strong adhesive. Let dry overnight.
- Attach watch face to front of bracelet using jump rings.
- Attach magnet clasp to back of bracelet using jump rings.
How to Make a Wire Bookmark
Bend and shape wire into a flower pattern to create a stylish bookmark.
How to Make a Leather Journal
Use basic bookbinding techniques and stamping to create this trim, professional leather journal.
How to Make a Pressed Flower Coaster Set
Avoid watermarks on your living room tables with these easy to make pressed flower coasters.
How to Make a Mosaic Leaf Mirror
Sculpt leaves from clay and use them to decorate this mosaic tile mirror.
How to Make Puzzle Woodcut Prints
Make prints from a woodcut to create your own design.
How to Make a Ceramic Magnet
Carve a stamp in clay and imprint the image onto a magnet for a custom look.
How to Make a 3D Wood Turtle Puzzle
Transform a block of hardwood into a fun puzzle anyone would enjoy.
How to Emboss a Velvet Bookmark
Create embossed velvet bookmarks to give as personalized, handmade gifts.
No-Sew Fairy Wings
Learn how to craft these fairy wings for an upcoming costume party.
6 DIY Ideas Using Felt
HGTV Magazine shows you how to cozy up vases, clocks, and more with this versatile, fuzzy fabric.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.