How to Make a Fused Dichroic Glass Watch
Make a stylish, fused-glass watch using dichroic glass and decals.
Materials and Tools:
- Carefully clean your glass with rubbing alcohol.
- Use glass cutters and nippers to cut out 1-inch squares of different colors of dichroic glass.
- Soak the decal(s) in water for a few minutes. Take the decal out of the water and slip the decal off the sheet with your finger. Place it on top of one of the glass squares.
- Place all the glass squares on the kiln shelf. Fire up the kiln and let it vent to 1000 degree F, then close the lid.
- Let the kiln heat up to 1350 degrees F, turn the kiln off and let it sit to cool slightly.
- Turn the kiln on and let it go up to 1350 degrees F again. Keep repeating these steps until the glass has melted enough (about 10 minutes). Turn the kiln off and wait until fully cooled. Open kiln and remove glass squares.
- Cut bracelet blank to 8 inches long.
- Glue glass tiles to bracelet blanks with extra-strong adhesive. Let dry overnight.
- Attach watch face to front of bracelet using jump rings.
- Attach magnet clasp to back of bracelet using jump rings.