How to Make a Flat-Screen TV Console
Save money by constructing a sleek, simple television console with this project.
Materials and Tools:
unfinished table legs with metal brackets
compound miter saw (or circular saw)
small wood screws
pocket-screw jig kit
tack cloth or rags
1. The top box is made up of a top, a bottom, two sides and a center divider. Cut all the pieces to the desired sizes with a compound miter saw. Use wood glue and nails to attach the two side pieces to the bottom. Repeat the procedure to secure the center divider and the top into position.
2. Flip the box onto its side and secure the leg brackets to each bottom corner. Screw the legs in place.
3. For the lower shelf, cut a panel to size and cut a notch in each corner to fit around the legs. To secure the shelf to the table, clamp the pocket-screw jig and drill a pilot hole to create a pocket. Use pocket screws to attach the shelf to the legs.
4. Sand the entire piece and remove the dust with a tack cloth or damp rag.
5. Prime and paint or stain the piece as desired.