How to Make a Feline Felt Pin
Sew this playful kitty-cat pin using a variety of stitches and felt pieces.
Tools and Materials:
1" pin back
embroidery needles2 green glass beads (about 1/4")
embroidery floss: black, orange, brown, gold, light green
wool felt: 2-1/4" x 2" pink; 1-1/2" x 1-3/4" blue; 1-1/4" x 1-1/2" orange
- Cut out shapes from wool felt: orange for the cat, blue for the middle layer and pink for the bottom layer. Use pinking shears to cut the zigzag edge on the bottom piece.
- Sew the pin back to the back of the bottom layer.
- Sew the green bead eyes onto the cat face with black floss. Stitch an outline around the bead eyes with a single strand of brown floss.
- Satin stitch the cat's nose and mouth with double strands of orange and brown floss.
- Stitch the whiskers and stripes with double strands of brown and gold floss.
- Chain stitch the ears with a single strand of orange floss.
- Blanket-stitch the cat face to the blue middle layer, using a single strand of orange floss.
- Chain stitch the curlicue on the blue felt, above the cat face, with a single strand of light green floss.
- Blanket-stitch the blue middle layer to the pink back layer with a single strand of light green floss.
- Trim around the outer layer of pink felt with pinking shears.