How to Make a Ceramic Magnet
Carve a stamp in clay and imprint the image onto a magnet for a custom look.
Materials and Tools:
cone 10 white ceramic clay
small button magnets
handmade clay stamp
clay carving tools
1. To make your own clay stamp, flatten a piece of clay and carve the desired design into it. Let the clay dry for two to three hours. Fire the stamp in the kiln to harden the clay for long-term use.
2. To make the clay magnet, cut off a piece of clay and roll it on a ball.
3. Flatten the clay into a pancake with your hands.
5. Trim away excess clay on the edges.
6. Let the clay dry for a few hours.
7. Bisque-fire the ceramic magnet in the kiln. Make several pieces at a time to save energy, and stack them several high to save space in the kiln. Remove when cool.
9. Fire the ceramic piece again. Let it cool.
10. Mix two-part epoxy according to the manufacturer's instructions.
How to Make a Ceramic Teapot
Make a shapely ceramic teapot with these simple steps.
Handmade Asian Ceramic Dishware
Toss, fire and glaze clay into functional and beautiful dishware pieces inspired by Asian design.
How to Make a Ceramic Planter
Make a ceramic pot and paint for a pop of color.
How to Make a Ceramic Sink
Design a gorgeous scalloped-edge ceramic sink on your own.
Moretti Glass Rods Add Glamour to a Ceramic Necklace
Clay and glass rods were shaped to create this lampwork and ceramic necklace.
How to Make a Glazed Wall Plate
Decorate your walls with plates that shimmer with a crystalline ceramic glazing technique.
How to Make a Ceramic Teacup
Trace a pattern onto clay and etch it to create decorative pottery.
How to Make a Ceramic and Stone Necklace
Design and glaze a ceramic charm necklace embellished with hanging Peruvian opals stones.
How to Make an Etched Ceramic Vase
Etch a creative design in a ceramic vase to match any style room.
How to Make a Beaded Leather Purse
Show your personality through your handbag using leather and beads.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
Photo Friday: Cooking and Dining in the Great Outdoors
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 28, 2015 by Beth Rucker
This or That: Pick Your Favorite Vintage Find From Fixer Upper
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 27, 2015 by Farima Alavi
6 Essentials for the Perfect Tailgate Party + Win the 1 Thing You Really Need
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 25, 2015 by Farima Alavi
Discover the Winning Hue in Our Color Vs. Color Competition!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Kayla Kitts
Copy This Room: Get Beach Flip Style in Your Living Room
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Shannon Petrie
4 Ways to Personalize Your Dorm Desk + College Goodie Giveaway!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 21, 2015 by Farima Alavi
The Easiest (and Cutest!) DIY Dorm Roommate Mugs Ever
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 20, 2015 by Marianne Canada