How to Hand Paint a Compact
Give your compact a personal touch with some paint and creativity.
Apply a little "touch-up" to your makeup case with these step-by-step instructions.
Materials and Tools:
½- to 1-inch soft-bristle paintbrush
fabric paint or paint for plastic (in squeeze bottle)
poly-acrylic clear coat
crystals (Swarovski or a copy such as Czech)
1. Paint the woman's face and neck. Paint the hair.
2. Paint the hat and dress and then the lips. Paint trim on the hat and the dress.
3. Add a feather and polka dots to the hat.
4. Paint the sunglasses frame and scrollwork. Add sunglass lenses.
5. Using tweezers for precise application, Glue stones on the hat, for a necklace and earrings, and on compact corners. Use tweezers for precise application.
6. Using a paintbrush, coat the front of the compact with poly-acrylic clear gloss.