How to Decorate With a Natural Bamboo Wall Hanging
Materials and tools:
gold or bronze stamp ink or acrylic paint
glass or plastic tube vase
Musubi paper cord
cording for hanging
- Make small holes at the four corners of the Shikishi board with a screw punch fitted with a #1 bit.
- Insert wire through the holes and attach to the bamboo placemat.
- Tear a piece of Kozo background paper and glue to the Shikishi board.
- Antique the Shikishi board with either bronze or gold stamp ink.
- Fold the bottom of a 3" x 6" piece of Washi paper so that a glass tube fits inside the paper. Wrap and fold the paper to cover the glass tube. Attach the glass to the Shikishi board with glue.
- Make a double fan using Washi paper and tie with wire and gold string. Glue onto the board.
- Embellish with a Musubi paper cord-shaped butterfly and a Chinese coin.
- Add tassels to the bottom of the placemat with a bead.
Washi paper flowers
- Cut Washi paper petals with a traced flower pattern of your choice.
- Glue the petals together with a stamen in the center.
- Attach flowers to the branch with glue.
- Insert the branch into the glass tube.