How to Create Mixed Media Wall Art
This project incorporates paint, charcoal and even salt for a textured, dynamic effect.
Materials and Tools:
1. Sketch a selected picture onto a sheet of foam core with a pencil.
2. Score around the outline of the picture with a craft knife. Cut away sections of the foam core with the knife, exposing the soft foam beneath the smooth paper layers.
3. Rub black charcoal over the etched lines of the wall art. Rub the charcoal in with your fingers.
5. Fill in the areas with a heavy application of charcoal.
7. Sprinkle coarse salt over some sections of the watercolors while wet for a textured appearance.
8. Add details with bright pastels. Complete the background using blocks of watercolor washes and charcoal.