How to Create an Asian-Inspired Stationery Set
Use these simple steps to create Asian-themed, DIY stationery.
Materials and Tools:
black and white cardstock
red construction paper
needle and thread
Asian girl rubber stamp
flower paper punch
red permanent marker
- Score and fold black cardstock in half to create a blank card.
- Glue a piece of white paper to the inside of the card to create a writing space.
- Cut out a section of Chinese newspaper for the background and glue it onto the front of the card.
- Rubber stamp an Asian girl image onto a scrap of white paper with a black inkpad.
- Tear the paper around the image to soften the edges.
- Glue the torn image to the front of the card, layering it over the newspaper and overlapping it onto the black card.
- Color the flowers on the rubber stamp with a red permanent marker.
- Punch out two flowers from red paper and glue one to the front of the card over the newspaper print.
- Glue the other flower on the bottom right corner of the white writing space.
- Stitch a silver charm to the front of the card.
- Rubber stamp the Asian girl on the envelope to make a coordinating stationery set.
Give a Hutch a Craftsman Face-Lift
Follow these step-by-step instructions for transforming an old hutch into a Craftsman showpiece.
House Trinket Box
Peggy Johnston makes a trinket box from polyester sheeting in the shape of a house.
How to Make a Sparkly Cell Phone Cover
Add sparkling, trendy style to your cell phone by covering it with crystals.
Design a Hand-painted Collaged Briefcase
Kay Hilde shows how to collage colorful swirls and other shapes onto a hand-painted briefcase.
Candy-Filled Paper Cornucopias
Sweeten Christmas by filling these festive and easy-to-make paper horns with candy.
How to Make a Graphic Coaster Gocco Print
Create your own coasters and print professional images using a Gocco printer.
How to Make a Mosaic Leaf Mirror
Sculpt leaves from clay and use them to decorate this mosaic tile mirror.
How to Make a Leather Journal
Use basic bookbinding techniques and stamping to create this trim, professional leather journal.
Hand-Painted Christmas Ornaments
It's easy to create personalized holiday ornaments with a bit of paint and imagination.
Funky Lazy Susan
Put your own creative spin on this kitchen convenience.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.