How to Add a Layered Look to a Scrapbook Page
Add a layered look to a scrapbook page with this tearing technique.
Materials and Tools:
computer and printer
card stock in two colors
eyelet hole punch (optional)
gold eyelets (optional)
1. Print out titles onto vellum paper.
2. Tear around each word, leaving a small edge, and then tear one color of card stock to a size slightly larger then the vellum.
3. Adhere the vellum and card stock, adding magic mesh between them.
4. Tear the second color of card stock to a size slightly larger than the first color.
5. Center the card stock-mesh-vellum piece on the second color of torn card stock and adhere.
6. If you wish to add charms to the piece, use an eyelet hole punch to punch holes through the card stock and magic mesh.
7. Place gold eyelets in each hole.
8. Cut a piece of string about 3 inches long.
9. Tie a charm in the center of the string, and thread the string through the center eyelets on the bottom of the title strip. Add more charms before threading the string through the remaining eyelets if you desire.
10. Secure the string on the back of the card stock with photo tabs, leaving enough slack to let the charms dangle.
11. Adhere the title to the page.
12. Add journaling and embellishments (if you desire) around the title.
How to Make Scrapbook Borders
Add a touch of elegance to your scrapbook pages with stamps and pen designs.
How to Display Quotes on a Scrapbook Page
Decorate a paper clip box to store your favorite quotes in a scrapbook.
No-Bake Paste Paper Scrapbook Page
Julia Andrus demonstrates this interesting technique to creating textured paste accents for your scrapbook pages.
How to Make a Personal Scrapbook
Make a scrapbook about your own life for a creative way to look back on memories.
How to Create a 3-D Scrapbooking Effect
Give your pages a realistic look with color copies of 3-D items.
How to Make an Accordion-Style Book
Try your hand at a hand-bound accordion book, embellished with metal and ribbon.
How to Make Wire Scrapbook Flowers
Add a touch of art to your scrapbook pages with easy-to-make wire flowers.
How to Make a Lunchbox Scrapbook and Recipe Card
Keep treasured photos and recipes together in a decorated metal lunchbox with these simple steps.
How to Scrapbook Using Different Shades and Patterns
Show off a prized photo using different shades and patterns of scrapbook paper.
How to Highlight Scrapbook Paper With Sandpaper
Add texture to scrapbook pages with two simple sanding techniques.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.