How Make an Ogee Pattern Tea Towel
The fun style of this ogee pattern tea towel mimics the magazine cover's wall tiles! Plus it's surprisingly simple to replicate—just follow the steps below.
- ogee template—download here
- crafts knife
- printing block, such as Speedball Speedy-Carve
- textile medium
- crafts paint (Poppy and Sea Blue, both by Americana)
- dish towel (Plain weave 20" x 28" cotton dish towel in white, $2.50, discountembroideryblanks.com)
1. Click here to download the ogee template. Print both parts, then cut them out, and trace each onto a printing block, such as Speedball Speedy-Carve. Cut out each with a crafts knife and, using double-sided tape, adhere each to an acrylic block. These will be your stamps.
2. Use a pouncer to coat the large stamp with acrylic paint mixed with a textile medium to make it fabric-safe. Starting at one edge of a white dish towel, stamp a row of ogees, leaving a little space between each one. Let dry.
3. Follow the instructions in step two to coat the small stamp with paint. Use it to fill in the ogees. Let dry.