Homemade Sea Salt Foot Scrub
From: DK Books - Greener
Before you get started on this project, try beachcombing for a small scallop shell or another attractive shell to package up with the jar as a scoop, or ask at your local fish store for any spare scallop shells.
- 1 cup sand
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp powdered dulse seaweed (available from health-food stores)
- 1 tbsp powdered kelp
- 1 wide-necked preserving jar, or kilner jar, with an airtight, hinged lid
- wooden spatula or spoon
- 7fl oz olive oil
- peppermint foot gel or essential oil (optional)
- 1 scallop shell
- 1 label listing the name of the scrub, and with instructions to apply a little of the scrub to the soles of the feet in a circular rubbing motion, paying particular attention to any hard areas of skin
- recycled ribbon or natural raffia
Put all the dry ingredients into the preserving jar and mix them together with the spatula or spoon.
Gradually add the olive oil and stir the ingredients well with the spatula as you pour.
Add six drops of peppermint essential oil or foot gel, if you wish. The peppermint gives the scrub an extra freshness.
Give the ingredients a last stir, seal the jar, add the label and tie on the shell with the ribbon or raffia.